Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has said that the defeat sufered by his party, the All Progressives Congress, APC, in his polling unit, during the recent Local Government elections, showed that people are finally making electoral choices based on the performance of their elected officials.
The governor, who spoke on Channels Television programme Sunrise Daily on Monday, also denied allegation of manipulation of the e-voting machines during the election in the state.
El-Rufai said: “Those that reported that the machines were programmed were ashamed when it was reported that APC lost in my polling unit. People were laughing that I lost my polling unit, but it is democracy that won.
“I’m not on the ballot, so it is not a referendum on me, it is a referendum on the councilor and the performance of the chairman of the local council.
“The loss of my polling unit shows that we did not programme these machines; we did not influence our independent electoral commission, and the whole thing has worked very well.”
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller
- Breaking: Former CBN Deputy Governor Mailafa Obadiah is Dead
- Buhari Grieves Over Ex-Algerian President, Comforts Tebboune
- Niger Police Arrest 259 Criminal Suspects