A Nigerian woman based in the United Kingdom identified as Mrs. Rachel Anayo Nwombasi, has pleaded with her former pastor, Dapo Adegboyega to repay a loan of £198,000 she helped him collect years ago.
According to the Abraka, Ethiope East Local Government of Delta State indigene, she helped Dapo who was in charge of the UK branch of World Evangelism Bible Church, WEBIC (before it shut down), secure the loan from Halifax Bank, six years ago.
Rachel, a trained nurse was serving under Dapo as an assistant pastor at the time.
Our findings revealed that Rachel considered Adegboyega owing to his status as a cleric to facilitate loan request.
However, Dapo who hails from Sango in Ibadan has since broken the agreement signed with the bank.
According to a close relative of Rachel, Pastor Dapo has refused to reply her lawyer’s countless letters, adding that the bank is furious over the issue.
“The police and the fraud department in the UK are all aware and know how they scam people here,” she added.
She continued: “The father of Dapo, Prophet Samson Adegboyega, Founder, Salvation Proclamations Anointed Church (SPAC), Ibadan is also aware of the whole issue and did nothing about it. Even Dapo’s wife, Lola Adegboyega and brother, Tobi Adegboyega are all in this scam together.”
“Rachel is looking for a way to contact the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) or any pastor’s organization to help her compel him to pay this loan,” she said.
“To tell you how close she is to the Adegboyegas, anytime Prophet Samson goes to the UK to minister, they always ministered together and if he does not see her, he will not minister. She was like a daughter to them all.
“Her former pastor has kept on promising to pay for over five years now. He said he wants to build a church with the money. No church was built. After taking the loan and he refused to pay, he now ran to his father’s church.”
Based on findings, the initial sum was 110, 000 Pounds. The interest added made it 198, 000.
Rachel has been paying the interest on the loan, while the pastor is said to still be on the run following the closing down of his church.
Meanwhile, Prophet Samson Adegboyega, Dapo’s father said he was unaware of how long the issue has lingered, but said it was mentioned to him many years ago.
He also denied that Dapo is set to be back in Nigeria, saying there is nothing for his son to come do in Nigeria.
The cleric said “it was a lie from the pit of hell that Dapo was planning to come back to Nigeria.”
“His family is in the UK. What is. he coming to do in Nigeria? The courts are there and I expect her to take him to court,” he opined.
- Oyedepo Backs Regulation of Social Media
- EFCC Will Prosecute Uzor Kalu Again, Says Bawa
- One Student Killed as Troops Rescue Five Abducted From Kebbi School
- COVID Cases in Africa Increased by 52% in One Week, May Get Worse – WHO
- Police: Van Used To Kidnap Kebbi Students Belongs To a Judge — Bandits Hijacked it From Him
- Buhari is Not Sick, He Moved Round Borno For Six Hours – Ali Ndume
- Insecurity: I Feel Safer in Maiduguri Than Abuja – Ndume
- I Don’t Think Gunmen Who Attacked my School Are Nigerians, Says Kebbi Student
- EndSARS protester, Nicolas Mbah regains freedom after spending several months in kirikiri prison
- Uzodimma Seeks Additional State For South East, Defends Buhari on Restructuring