Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun state has been accused of grossly disobeying his late father by The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the State.
Abiodun had recently recalled how his father advised him to take Ogun workers and pensioners’ welfare as a priority.
Speaking with DAILY POST in Abeokuta on Monday, Ogun PDP spokesperson, Akinloye Bankole, who said the party had earlier sent a condolence message to Abiodun, accused Abiodun of grossly disobeying his late father, Pa Emmanuel Abiodun, who died on August 2.
The PDP spokesperson said “Let me start by saying the PDP as a party had sent our condolence message to the governor to commiserate with him over the demise of his darling dad and we pray that God grant the family, the governor and the entire community the required fortitude to bear the passage of our dear ‘Baba Teacher’.
“On his father’s advice that he should take workers and pensioners’ welfare as a priority, it is very unfortunate that the governor has displayed gross disobedience to his late father’s advice. From all indications as we have it in Ogun State today, the governor has not been able to listen or take to his late father’s advice.
“This is a governor that is currently owing 17 to 18 months salary deductions of workers. We have talked about this long before now. Unfortunately, the governor seems not to care about remitting deductions to appropriate quarters as expected.
“This is also the same governor that refused to see pensioners when they went to protest in his office like two months ago. He actually shut the gate against the senior citizens that have served the state one way or the other meritoriously in their different capacities. He has refused to take their welfare as a priority.
“This is also a governor that has refused to show solidarity or companionship to the plight of Ogun workers since he became governor. This is the same governor that has only succeeded in paying lip service to whatever affects workers in the State.
“Look at the current state of Ogun workers; even teachers don’t get their dues regularly. Also, local government staff and other classes of civil servants in the state are being owed different remunerations.
“It is unfortunate that the governor has not been able to listen to his dad’s advice like he said.”
- BREAKING: Army Set To Punish Female Soldier For Dehuminizing Corp Member
- BREAKING: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Enrolling WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel