The Peoples Democratic Party on Wednesday, reacted to the decision of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), to sack two of his ministers, Nanono and Mamman, describing it as “a ludicrous and infective attempt to cover for his failures in office”.
This is enclosed in a statement by the party signed by Kola Ologbondiyan, the PDP National Publicity Secretary, titled, “PDP to Buhari: don’t use Nanono and Mamman to cover your failures”
The Presidency had in a statement on Wednesday announced that the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mohammed Nanono and his Power counterpart, Saleh Mamman, had been relieved of their appointments.
Read Also: PDP Suspends National Chairman Uche Secondus
The PDP however, vowed to investigate the reasons behind the ministers’ sacking.
The statement read partly, “Our party is also investigating the real reason behind their sack given Mr. President’s public approach to fighting corruption by “easing out” the culprits.”
“The party however asserts that the manifest inefficiency of the Buhari administration is a product of the President’s myopic and divisive approach to governance as well as the impunity and corruption deeply embedded in his administration and party, the All Progressives Congress.”
“The PDP posits that even if the best hands are recruited, they will be contaminated by incompetence, impunity, disregard to rules, divisiveness and corruption that have become the hallmark of the APC and its administration.”
“The party calls on President Buhari and the APC to note that Nigerians are not swayed by the sack of the ministers but are eagerly awaiting the exit of the Buhari Presidency and the APC come May 29, 2023, as there is no hope in sight under their purview.”
Meanwhile, the minister of environment, Mohammed Mahmoud Abubakar, is already set to replace Nanono, while Abubakar Aliyu, minister of state for works, is expected to take over Mamman’s office.
The President added on Wednesday that the rejigging of his cabinet will be continued.
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari