Revered human rights activist, Aisha Yesufu has slammed those criticizing Southern governors following the Asaba Accord reached last week.
The fearless vocal activist described the elements opposing the move by the Southern governors as high on expired drugs.
In a video shared on her official Twitter handle on Saturday, Aisha stated nobody has monopoly of intolerance or self-centredness in the cojntry
Daily Report Nigeria had reported how the governors of the 17 stares in the South met on Tuesday in Asaba, and resolved to impose a ban on open grazing and movement of cattle by foot in the region.
The governors also called for the restructuring of the country along fiscal federalism, devolution of powers and state policing, while calling on the President to address the nation and convoke a national dialogue to address widespread agitations amongst various groups in the region.
The now famous Asaba Accord has since been greeted with heavy criticism by northerners including Ali Ndume, lawmaker representing Borno South Senatorial District in the upper chamber; as well as Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello.
Aisha Yesufu in her reaction, blasted the elements opposing the southern governors, saying, “I see some people coming out to say the southern governors do not have a right to make the decision for A, B, C, D.
“The decision that you had as northern governors with what right did you make them? The southern governors do not have a right to make laws in their own states but you have a right to make laws in your own states? In short, the Igbo (Indian Hemp) that you smoke has expired.”
“Nobody has monopoly of intolerance, nobody has monopoly of being selfish, nobody has monopoly of being self-centred; everybody has the capacity to be, that some people don’t do it does not mean anything,” she added.
The activist hailed the southern governors, expressing pride in their move, and called meetings like their northern colleagues in order for the country to “move to that Nigeria for all of us, we will start the restructuring that we want”.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari