Foremost chieftain of the Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide, Endoro Oweikeye has lauded the peaceful character displayed by aspirants who lost out in the recent Western Zone elections.
Oweikeye, a former Presidential candidate of Council stressed that for aspirants to maintain peace and order in a tensed environment, for the betterment of the IYC in Western Zone was commendable.
Speaking to Daily Report Nigeria in a phone chat on Monday morning, the former House of Assembly candidate of African Democratic Congress, charged the losing contestants to remain astute in their drive to propel Ijaw Nation forward.
“It is a normal routine to say congratulations to winners in elections, but this time, I’m saying congratulations to the those who lost out today. Seeing them maintain a peaceful atmosphere in the midst of the contest is way beyond commendable.
“While I commend them for displaying good sportsmanship, I charge them to remain strong and focused for they are the future. They are the true winners,” he said.
The former Information Officer of Western Zone further tasked the newly elected executives to keep up to their campaign promises, as Ijaws in Delta, Edo and Ondo states expect nothing short of optimal representation from them.
The Ijaw Youth Council Western Zone elections held on Saturday June Igbekebor, headquarters of Ese-Odo Local Government Area, Ondo state with Doubra Okotete emerging as new Chairman of the Zone.
Other newly elected officers include Lugard Izoukumor as Information Officer, Nicholas Igarama as Financial Secretary, Demiro Omaghomi as Secretary, Oki Jennifer as Woman Leader, Osuo Portharcourt as Mobilization Officer and others.
Comrade Endoro Oweikeye is the founder of Niger Delta Restoration Network, a frontline group in the agitations for a development in the oil-rich region.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari