Plans by a six-man robbery gang to carry out an operation in Igbolerin area, Lagos State have been voiled by youths in the area.
The armed robbers said to have stormed the area at about 11.30 pm, Monday. They were said to have parked their operational motorbikes close to the building they intended to attack its occupants when one of the youths raised the alarm which alerted others.
The robbers fired some shots in a bid to scare the youths but ran out of their bullets in the process. They managed to escape, abandoning some of their weapons.
A spokesman for the Lagos State Police Command, CSP Muyiwa Adejobi, explained further that “The suspected armed robbers came on two unregistered motorbikes with the intention of attacking their targets before they were repelled by the youths who have been involved in the community policing strategies of the command.
“One unregistered operational motorbike and one locally made pistol with a live cartridge were recovered at the scene.
“The Commissioner of Police Lagos State, CP Hakeem Odumosu, while commending the youths, ordered for the manhunt and arrest of the fleeing armed robbers. He encouraged Lagosians to embrace the idea of community-based policing which has paid off in many areas of the state”.
- INEC Pledges To Conduct Better Elections in 2023
- NDDC Leadership: Group Demands Justice For Ondo Citizens, End to Illegality
- Police Arrests 113 Clubbers Over Alleged Violation of Covid-19 Protocols
- NSCDC Intercepts Trailer-Load of Adulterated Fuel, Arrests Three in Kogi
- Division, Insecurity, Hallmark of APC’s Government – Lamido
- Do More For Women, Aisha Buhari Charges Leaders
- Full List of Newly Sworn-in Council Chairmen in Delta
- Video: Okowa Swears in 25 LGA Chairmen in Delta
- APC Protests as DSIEC Declares PDP Winner in All 25 LGAs, 500 Wards in Delta
- PAP: Ex-N’Delta Agitators Kick Against JAMB Condition For Admission, Warns Dikkio