Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara state, has suspended few activities in the state in order to further tackle insecurity challenge.
The suspension which was announced in a statement issued on Friday by Zailani Bappa, media aide to the governor includes transportation of livestock, the closure of weekly markets across the state, while transportation of food items will be subject to verification.
The statement reads “Governor Bello Mohammed (Matawallen Maradun, Shattiman Sakkwato) has announced a set of new measures aimed at curtailing the growing activities of bandits in the state,”
“Henceforth, all filling stations in the state are banned from selling fuel except in Gusau and the 14 local government headquarters. In addition, no eligible filling station is allowed to sell fuel of more that N10,000 to a single customer.
“Similarly, the sale of fuel in jerry cans is disallowed in all filling stations while roadside purchase (popularly known as black market) are entirely banned.
“Governor Matawalle further announced that all weekly markets across the state are suspended, but normal market activities of buying and selling for local consumptions are exempted from the ban.
“The Government further ordered that the transportation of livestock to and from the State is henceforth suspended while the transportation of food across the state and outside the state must be verified to authenticate its destination, otherwise [it] will be seized and taken to the orphanage.
“The new rules further include the banning of riding on motorcycles and tricycles from 6pm to 6am in the state except the state capital which starts by 8pm to 6am everyday. Furthermore, any tricycle that is covered will be stopped to verify its passengers, otherwise will be apprehended.
“Governor Matawalle reiterated the ban on more than two persons riding a motorcycle and warned that those who break the law stand the risk of being shot at by security operatives.”
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi